Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Continuing the conversation

Thanks for the many comments I've received in the last few days from all over the country. I've added an explanation to the right of what these presentations are about and who we are. We intend to have a discussion forum on Sunday April 10 at St. Paul's.

This is a lot of material for one sitting,  about five hours worth of presentations.  I do suggest starting at Part I and working your way up. If you are wanting to use this material (or adapt it) for presentations in your own church, please feel free to do so, but please let me know if you use it and any feedback you'd like to offer. You can contact me at: revjimr@yahoo.com.

To keep this blog going, we will add articles from time-to-time on topics related to marriage and the inclusion of gay people in the life of the Church. We will try to keep some balance without edging into extremes by presenting multiple viewpoints (and feel free to send me your suggestions).

We will also add any new presentations and supporting material as it is developed. You may want to sign up as a "follower" to the right so that you can get automatic email notifications of when this blog is updated.

-- The Rev. James Richardson

+ + +

Here is an article that ran in Salon.com a few days ago from a former Presbyterian pastor:


I preached against homosexuality, but I was wrong

As a Presbyterian minister, I believed it was a sin. Then I met people who really understood the stakes: Gay men

No comments:

Post a Comment